To Waive A Deposit
- Proof of home ownership at service premise
- Copy of settlement papers or CCR may research local property appraisers
- If Customer is sixty (60) years of age (unless they had previous service with us and do not have good paying history)
- If a tenant provides a letter of employment for three (3) or more years on company letterhead.
- If tenant provides an Acceptable Letter of Credit from a utility company with good payment history for the last 12 months.
- If Customer has a previous account with us with a good payment history.
- If a customer provides an Acceptable Letter of Credit from a utility company with good payment history for the last 12 months.
- If they have a good credit history with Chesapeake Utilities.
- Furnish a surety bond equal to the deposit.
An applicant who was formerly a customer of the company at another address may be required to place a deposit if the applicant had a poor payment record at the previous address or if the conditions under which the customer’s credit was originally established have materially changed.
If you have no deposit with us, you, as a customer, may be required to place a deposit if your gas has been disconnected for non-payment, or if payment of an overdue bill is not received by the expiration date of a turn-off notice rendered to you.